I must apologize that this is not an official blog post…but more of an update of sorts. I ran out of time and did not complete an article that I am working on that explores strategies for developing a cohesive series of works…but don’t worry I will finish it and share it in the upcoming weeks. I am heading off today to Italy for the next several weeks and I wanted to let you know about some of the things that I will be doing there that will be featured in upcoming posts on this blog.
While in Italy I will be:
- interviewing a couple of amazing artists who you will meet through this blog including photographer Oliviero Olivieri and calligrapher Massimo Polello. I will be talking with them about how they keep themselves motivated and inspired along with ways that they work with and develop their ideas.
- visiting the island of Sardinia which will be an upcoming location for one of our future “Creative Excursions”
- doing some final preparations for the “Creative Excursions” that will be taking place this fall in Tuscany. (As a side note we still have space available in Week 2 if you would like to join us to learn about Encaustic painting and strategies for creating powerful images)
- reflecting on the incredible art and culture of the amazing Italian peninsula and, finally
- sharing what I learned while attending a calligraphy workshop with Massimo Polello
So there you have it. I look forward to reporting back with lots of exciting learning and ideas. In the meantime I wish each of you hours of joyous creating.
Arrivederci (for now)